- Hair Loss Types
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month: What You Need to Know
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. One of the side effects of chemotherapy is hair loss, and it can be really tough for people to deal with. In this blog post, we are going to discuss chemo-related hair loss and how to treat it.
Chemotherapy is a treatment that uses drugs to kill cancer cells. Unfortunately, it also kills healthy cells in the process. This includes the hair follicles, which is why so many people experience hair loss during chemo. The good news is that hair follicles are some of the quickest cells to regenerate, so hair loss from chemo is usually only temporary.
Zenagen Revolve is a great product for growing back hair after chemo because it helps to stimulate the hair follicles and encourages new hair growth. Revolve is also gentle enough to use on sensitive scalps. It uses plant-derived science to tackle hair loss without the use of medications or harsh chemicals. The natural ingredients gently widen the hair channel to fully cleanse the hair follicle of DHT and other factors attributing to hair loss. Some of these natural ingredients include
- Saw Palmetto- Which helps block the enzyme responsible for DHT production and includes anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties that support hair growth.
- Red Clover- Targets inflammation to promote a healthy scalp environment for thick hair growth. Red clover also has been known to encourage the anagen phase of the hair cycle.
- Brahmi- High in antioxidants, it works with saw palmetto to block the current and future production of DHT. It also helps to make the roots stronger and includes soothing and cleansing properties to encourage a healthy scalp and prevent dandruff, flaking, and irritation.
- Aloe Leaf Juice- The first ingredient listed in all Zenagen conditioners. It promotes scalp health and hydration and contains essential amino acids that nourish the hair and prevents split ends and damage.
To use Zenagen Revolve to grow your hair back, first, shampoo your hair with Revolve Shampoo and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, apply the Revolve Conditioner and rinse. Most people see less shedding within 2-6 weeks of using Revolve. After 3 months areas of thinning appear thicker, after 6 months there should be an overall difference in thickness and scalp coverage, and after 9-24 months peak results should be achieved.
A few other hair growth options include:
- Wearing a wig- although this isn’t your true hair, it can help you feel more confident while waiting for your hair to grow back.
- Biotin supplements- some studies suggest that including biotin in your diet or taking supplements can help your hair appear thicker.
- Minoxidil- an FDA-approved drug that speeds up the hair growth process after chemo.
We understand that hair loss from chemo can be difficult to deal with, but we are here to help. During breast cancer awareness month, it's important to remember that everyone's experience with chemo-related hair loss is different. There are many products out there that can help make the process of growing back hair after chemo easier, and Zenagen Revolve is one of them.
Read more about hair loss shampoo.