Can Hair Loss Be Reversed?
Can Hair Loss Be Reversed?
It’s time to tackle the most asked question about hair loss… Can it be reversed? The short answer is yes, to an extent. While most hair loss can be greatly improved with treatment, there is a point of no return when hair loss becomes too late to treat. That’s why it is important to catch hair loss in the early stages. Once a hair follicle completely dies, it can never be regrown. You can usually tell if a person is in this stage if they have been completely bald for years, and the skin on their scalp looks shiny and waxy. Think about Bruce Willis or Mr. Clean. They are never getting their hair back.
What Causes This Hair Loss to Happen?
The main culprit is the hormone, Dihydrotestosterone, or DHT for short. It naturally occurs in the body and builds up around the hair follicle and causes a blockage that is difficult for hair to grow through. It also causes inflamed hair follicles which cause the hair to progressively thin with each hair cycle. If not caught quick enough, it will kill the follicle completely (which in turn can never grow hair again). Luckily, it is possible to stop hair loss in the early stages and promote thicker, fuller hair growth through the use of clean ingredients and innovative technology
How the Revolve System Tackles Hair Loss
Our Revolve system is a two-step shampoo treatment and conditioner duo that combats hair loss by naturally cleansing DHT buildup and temporarily preventing the future production of DHT for up to 72 hours. That’s why you use it every other day for best results! Another amazing benefit of this system? It’s not a lengthy routine and it’s SO easy to use! You just apply the treatment to your scalp and hair, leave on for 5 full minutes, and rinse. Then follow with the conditioner and you’re done! You’re already washing your hair, so why not use products that combat hair loss while you’re at it?
Competing treatments use harsh alcohols that will dry out the skin and are usually multiple step systems that you must use every day or every twice per day! Minoxidil is a popular topical drug remedy for hair loss. Minoxidil is a blood thinner and can not be used for multiple types of hair loss, unlike our treatment. Revolve is naturally formulated to stop hair loss and increase future hair growth and it is full of clean ingredients that nourish the scalp and hair. We’d say that’s a win/win!
Our Unique Revolve Ingredients
- Saw palmetto is one of the most powerful and important ingredients in our products. Saw palmetto helps block the enzyme responsible for DTH production. It has a little bit of a higher concentration in our Revolve for Men Shampoo Treatment, because typically testosterone levels are higher in men than women.
- Brahmi is another key ingredient that works with saw palmetto to block current and future DTH production.
- Red clover extracts play an important part in targeting inflammation to promote scalp health and hair growth. Zenagen uses a custom red clover extract process that is unique to our formulas. There is a higher red clover concentration in our Revolve for Women Shampoo Treatment.
- Aloe leaf juice is another crucial anti-inflammatory ingredient. It contains essential amino acids that nourish the hair while also soothing and protecting the scalp against inflammation. Aloe is always the first ingredient you will find in our conditioners, because of its healing properties.
- Green Tea is used to gently and naturally widen the hair follicle channel so that our natural ingredients can reach the deepest level of the hair follicle, past the dermal layer of the skin.
In conclusion, through the use of innovative technology and clean ingredients, it is safe to say hair loss can be reversed. Another common question we get is “Does this method work on multiple types of hair loss?” Again, the answer is yes. Revolve is recommended to those struggling with hair thinning and shedding from pattern baldness, thyroid related issues, post-chemotherapy, medication related thinning, postpartum shedding, surgical side effects, and many others.
August is National Hair Loss Awareness Month and here at Zenagen we want to open an eye to natural hair growth methods. If you or anyone you know are struggling with hair loss please follow us on social media for more information. We would also love to hear about your Revolve journey!
Learn more about hair loss shampoo for men and women.