Thanks to those high heat styling tools and the way we dry our hair, split ends are the result of normal wear and tear on the hair. Our once healthy locks are now stringy and dead. Split ends are getting in the way of achieving the long luscious hair we have always desired. It’s frustrating, and we get it. So we came up with some tips on how to combat split ends.
Repair and Treatment
Repairing split ends may seem like a never ending battle, and finding a good hair treatment product is hard. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming knowing exactly which one to pick. Our Evolve Shampoo Treatment and Conditioner products are the best to help nourish damaged hair.
This system takes to the root of the hair, repairing dry, damaged hair follicles. Evolve works by creating the optimal scalp environment for maximum hair growth and length by speeding up the turnover rate of hair follicles. The growth stage (Anagen) of the hair follicle is lengthened, while the shedding stage (Telogen) is shortened. This results in more hair growing faster for a longer period of time. Evolve is a two-step hair repair and growth acceleration system that encourages the growth of stronger, longer and healthier hair, and it’s backed with science-based technology that is fool proof. Also, it’s 100% vegan, gluten free, cruelty free, and color safe, so it’s really a win, win, win. It’s our little secret for getting the long, luscious hair you’ve always dreamed of and the first line of defense against those dreaded split-ends.
While split ends may be unavoidable for the most part (it’s just a part of having longer hair), there are so many preventive measures you can take to stop that split hair from climbing.
- Get Trims Regularly. It is important to get a trim every 8-12 weeks to avoid breakage.
- Use Hair Oil. Washing your hair often strips the natural oils from you scalp, so it’s important to put that oil back in. It is even recommended to put hair oil in before showering to prevent hair from being damaged in the washing process.
- Use Leave-In Conditioner. This will help protect your hair from normal wear and tear by adding moisture. Our Boost Densifying Leave-In Cream is also a product to consider, as it has deep conditioning properties, yet is weightless to give volume and shine to hair.
- Dry Your Hair Gently. Don’t be too rough when towel drying. Letting your hair dry naturally is the best way to avoid damage from the hair dryer, so do it as often as you can.
- Hair Masks. Doing a hair mask once a week is a great way to add moisture back into your hair! Pro Tip: If you don’t want to spend extra money on a hair mask, use our Evolve Conditioner. Just leave it on for 5 minutes instead of the recommended 30 seconds for that extra punch of moisture.
Tips and Tricks
Turn down the heat!
It is true that heat is the #1 cause of damage to your hair. Heat strips natural oils and moisture from our hair that is vitally important to maintaining healthy hair. Even washing your hair in too hot of water is bad for it. But here are a few things to remember. You don’t need to have your curling iron or straightener turned all the way up for your hair to stay. It’s true! Also, the simple use of a heat protectant can go a looooooong way. We recommend using Zenagen Boost Thickening Volume Foam or a light coat of our Thickening Leave-In Spray prior to heat styling.
Stop brushing your hair!
Time to COMB it out! Toss the brush with hard bristles away and switch to a wide tooth comb. Brushes cause more harm to your hair than good. Although it will be impossible to completely get rid of using brushes, consider swapping it out for a comb a few times a week. Our hair is a lot more gentle than we may think.
Wash your hair less!
Try to extend the amount of days that you wash your hair. Believe it or not, washing your hair causes wear and tear on the hair follicles. Your hair needs natural oils in order to thrive. Wash your hair only when necessary. Plus, your hair can build up a tolerance to oils once it naturally balances out from over washing. Try to push through those awkward days of a little more oily hair. We promise it will be worth it!
Split ends get in the way of achieving the long luscious locks we have always wanted thats why it is so important to take good care of your hair. By following these simple but crucial guidelines you’ll have long, healthy hair in no time!